Sunday 17 June 2012

Problem Solving

Who Plays What problem no 1

Jason, Emma and Rangi are talking about their favourite sports that are soccer, swimming and hockey. Jason says, "It’s impossible for me to ever be off-side."
Emma says, "It’s certain that I will use a stick to hit the
ball." Rangi says, "It’s possible that I might become an All White
What sports do each of them play?






PROBLEM FOR EXPERTS
Counting Cubes Problem no 2
Kelsey loves to count. One day Ms Martin put a pile of
cubes on Kelsey’s desk. Kelsey began to count the cubes.
She told Ms Martin the following facts about the cubes:
When I count the cubes by two I have one left over.
When I count the cubes by three I have one left over.
When I count the cubes by five I have none left over.

From this information can Ms Martin work out how many cubes Kelsey has.



5 comments:

  1. elena mcfadgen room 818 June 2012 at 18:34

    jason does swimming,emma does hockey,rangi plays soccer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked this one out in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one Jacob no 1 or 2?

      Delete
  3. Well done Elena, you are right. We will publish your answer on Friday. We don't want to give the answer away till the others have solved it. Can you try problem no 2, it's a little harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Room 2 thinks the ansewer is 15 for the cubes and Rangi is soccer Emma is hockey Jason is siwmming.

    ReplyDelete